When you’re looking for a Louisville or Erie, CO orthodontist, we at Caraway Orthodontics are proud to be your premier choice. We make it our goal to offer the latest in advanced orthodontic technologies in order to help give you the smile of your dreams. Our dedication to cutting-edge technologies allows us to provide a wide range of orthodontic treatments that extends far beyond just the traditional metal braces. Among our many treatments that we supply is Invisalign.
What Is Invisalign?
Invisalign utilizes 3-D computer technology and pairs it with the 100-year-old science of braces to give you a more advanced and convenient form of orthodontic treatment. Instead of using metal wires and brackets to move your teeth into alignment, Invisalign uses plastic, removable aligners to shift your teeth. Unlike standard braces that are stuck to your teeth, Invisalign can be removed at any time, just as long as it’s worn for the recommended 22 hours a day. One of the most noteworthy features of Invisalign is that the aligners are clear, giving a patient a virtually invisible orthodontic treatment.
The Benefits of Invisalign
Some of the benefits you’ll receive if you choose Invisalign as your orthodontic treatment include the following:
- The aligners in Invisalign are virtually invisible; others won’t even notice that you’re undergoing orthodontic treatment!
- Because the aligners are removable, cleaning your teeth is just as simple as ever.
- Unlike traditional braces, since you take the aligners out before you eat, you don’t have to avoid certain foods that may cause damage to your orthodontics.
- Invisalign is made of polyurethane plastic and offers much more comfort than the metal brackets and wires of braces.
- Using Invisalign will avoid extra visits to the orthodontist because you don’t have to worry about broken or loose wires or brackets.
The Invisalign Procedure
The Invisalign procedure follows these steps:
- First, a patient will need to visit our orthodontic offices in Erie or Louisville so we can determine if he or she is a suitable candidate for Invisalign. Invisalign isn’t always a good fit for adults and it isn’t recommended for children and teenagers. For teenagers, Invisalign Teen is the preferred treatment.
- If the patient is a suitable candidate for Invisalign, we’ll then take pictures, x-rays, and impressions of the patient’s teeth in order to create 3-D images of them.
- The Invisalign System will then use these 3-D images to create a series of aligners. It will create anywhere from 12 to 48 sets of aligners depending on the severity of the patient’s orthodontic problems.
- The patient will wear each set of aligners in the designated order for two weeks. Over time, these aligners will gradually shift the patient’s teeth into alignment.
- After the last set of aligners is worn for the intended two-week period, the treatment will be completed and your perfect smile will have been achieved!
Contact Your Louisville and Erie, CO Orthodontist Today!
If you’re interested in Invisalign, Invisalign Teen, or any other orthodontics, please feel free to fill out our online appointment request form or give us a call at one of our two convenient locations. Our Louisville, CO office phone number is (303) 665-7333 and our Erie, CO office phone number is (303) 828-0454. We encourage you to contact us if you have any questions. We look forward to your visit and giving you another reason to smile!